Tuesday 28 July 2015

July 28th Minecraft Saff age (10)


"I've been on my Realm today. I've had this Realm a few days. It's the second time I've had a Realm."

S (10) gave me a tour of what she'd done today whilst she sat at the screen and showed me whereas E and I sat down away from the PC to talk about what he had done. He plays more games so has less tangible builds to show!


S has just two friends on her Realm atm R and C although she has asked me to advertise for shoppers to come and test out the shops they are creating she generally prefers creative 1:1 or small group play

This is what S told me about what she has done today


"Using command blocks I have made this the world spawn, there is a house with a bed and nearby is a big field of reeds. I harvest those to be sugar cane. R has made a lighthouse. His is purple and mine is cyan. Cyan is my best Minecraft colour. We've made lots of signs. These houses have numbers as well. There are pressure plates outside my door for my house they set off lights in my bedroom. R made that for me it is like a burglar alarm. I also renamed all of my armour by putting Saff in front of it. Then I made this tearoom thing there is a button where milk and cookies come out. This is my private farm, I named the animals there and there is the emergency tent and the nether portal.

This is the market place. We have made a currency board so say 1 block of gold equals £50 and coal is 50p You can mine here and spent what you find in the shops

These are the shops so far. There is a Redstone shop like a plumber electricians, it's R shop called Redstone Dude. He could fit you a burglar alarm for eg

This is my shop. I sell melons, bread, wheat, eggs and cake. It is all local produce from my farm out the back.

C is setting up a weapons and armour shop

We've made bins and we've decided that if anyone griefs their penalty will be to empty the bins.

My shop is called "Saff's quality Nummies." It is going to be a chain selling cake, bread and pumpkin pie. This is the Staff Only area there is some really complicated redstone behind those doors.

This is the newspaper stand - we have called our area Glitter Village and the newspaper is the Glitter Village News. R writes it.

We made a washing machine. I named the detergents Hubble Bubble, Flowery Fresh and Fancy Pants - Fancy Pants is glostone. It works using a hopper and redstone. We also made a washing line. We take turns to work in the laundrette and can also add enchantments

This says GV for Glitter Village. It is redstone and it lights up. I can use Time set day and time set night to show you as it has a daylight sensor. R did that.

and there's a bonfire pit. The water buckets are called "Just in case."


I have some more work I need to do on here now."



Work? Play!


No comments:

Post a Comment