Friday 4 September 2015

September Update










I've found something in Minecraft I am not terrible at! It has only taken 2 years but command blocks seem to be my calling!


In the past 24 I have built several giant DanTDM Rollercoasters and a Harry Potter magic spell set up engaging S, E and O in the process :) Turning animals upside down and all sorts. 


I am so inspired by this 17 year old Italian kid "The Red Engineer" I can see what he is doing and it makes sense and he has great taste in music.


Hooray. Once I had managed to complete one of his projects on a Mac yesterday I was inspired to do more on the PC. I even had a practise when I was the first one awake this morning. Of the many right and wrong good and bad parenting choices made along the way being connected to and understanding Minecraft is up there with co sleeping and breastfeeding :)


Last night was #homeedhour on Twitter. It was really busy. The first one was a year ago but we took a break for summer. As we had finished reading HP HBP whilst I was busy TD, E and O watched the first half of the movie together.


News today that there may be an Artemis Fowl movie has pleased S


We've booked to go to Legoland next week - a little notbacktoschool gallivant. I didn't think we were going to squeeze it in this year (for the first time since 2009) but thanks to the catalyst of E's online friends being there for an IRL meet we will.



S has had some drama on her Minecraft Realm in which all of the animals died but she remembered she could reset her Realm and the mischief was managed. I read this great post about leading questions to help your child trouble shoot Minecraft problems and when I was using some of the phrases she ran upstairs to fix it :)  See above comment about understanding Minecraft :)



O has been doing some impressive days into weeks into months into years maths - "3 months is 90 days." he said today but is rather irritated at the whole 30 days has September thing as it makes it more complicated than his logical brain would prefer.


Today's Phoenix comic lacked a lump. S gave it a good squeeze.


More dissertation work for TD this weekend so another Friday that doesn't really feel like a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment